Tuesday, May 8, 2012

My Sister Cindy




I'd like you to meet my friend, Sister Cindy.
She's only been my sister for about twelve years.

One late afternoon as JS and I were waiting for a table,
a Mutual Friend of Cindy and ours came into the bar, 
where we were having a cold one before dinner.

The Mutual friend came directly to us and it was obvious,
that he had already had a good start on the evening.

As the conversation went along, The Mutual Friend, commented
"I talked to your sister Cindy today."

I politely corrected him , by stating 
" I don't have a sister, I'm an only child"

The Mutual Friend, now puzzled, confirmed.
"Sure you do! She works over there with your mother
at the sewer district."

Cindy, did work with my Mom.  Now under standing how
 the mix up accrued and coming from a family of jokesters.
(smart asses)  I reconfirmed his statement.
" Oh!.........That sister!..............I forgot about her."

The Mutual Friend, being understanding.
"That's OK, it happens"

???????????????

I know there are times that people would like to forget,
  they have siblings, but how often does it really happen?

From that day on Cindy has been Sister Cindy, 
even her kids call me Auntie Sam.



Cindy just became a member of the "5,0" club and
received her first grand baby in the world,
so It's been a big year for Sister Cindy.

2 comments:

lisa said...

That is too funny! How could I forget? ;)

Crystal said...

that is funny! I cant imagine anyone forget a sibling no matter how much they want to!