Monday, May 16, 2016

Turning Night to Day


The last week of April I attended "Shooting the West" 
The Nevada Photography Experience.


One of the classes I took was with Grant Kaye,
Landscape Astrophotography.  It was pretty cool!
or I should say "Pretty Damn Cool!!!
Standing out on the side of a mountain in the dark,
30 some degrees and the wind blowing and
"Glad I did it."

Basically, you get all set up and wait for the stars to come out.
Sometimes the clouds come first and keep coming.


The first photo is what I actually shot ,
not much there and as cold as it looks.
I liked the photo, so worked with it to 
 get what you see in the second photo.
Big differences.


This is the look we were going for in the class,
much better.  This summer when I'm up in the mountains,
I'm going to try it on my own.

If you would like to see more of Grant Kaye's go to

Click On Photos To Enlarge

5 comments:

CindyQ said...

Good stuff Sis!!

Gail said...

I like them all. I still haven't mastered photography. Now and then I get lucky.

Shirley said...

I like the last one.

Crystal said...

Wow thats neat!

Far Side of Fifty said...

What a great adventure! :)