Friday, December 10, 2010

Sheep Setting

I'm sheep setting, my mom and her good friends are all
down in Monterey at the Cowboy Festival. They go every
year to hear Cowboy Poetry and Cowboy Music, not to
be confused with Country and Western Music.
"Not the Same"
This year they have really hit the jack-pot.
Ian Tyson, R.W. Hampton, Juni Fisher,
Dave Stamey (my favorite) and Wylie.
Their also going to make a visit to the
Monterey Bay Aquarium.
"What a fun Trip"

Mom has a real nice ban of registered Suffix sheep.
Her and her lady friends, who also raise sheep have
gotten some great rams out of Idaho from Donna May.
They may not look it in the picture, but their big!

Here's a couple of the lambs.

The willow trees are really growing and isn't the color nice.
Mom was born a ranchers daughter. ( Rancher, Farmer,
Dairymen) She could cowboy with the best of them and
was always my Granddad and Dads right hand man.
When I was little, I spent a lot of time behind her in the
saddle. From sun up to sun down. Mon is 75 the last
time she road was just a few years ago, with her brother
Ed. She had to use a step to get on. Ed asked if she could
get off OK?
Mon replied "Hell that's easy I can just fall off"
"She hasn't been on a horse since."

She can grow anything, always has a big veggie garden,
beautiful flowers, look at this persimmon tree.

And Roses
It's the middle of December and their still blooming?
The dogs at the Vets, so it's just me, sheep, the cats
and mud!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sam...once again I am proud of you! You are doing a great job with your blog. Your moms place looks great. Don;t we love in a beautiful area...despite the mud!!! Ah!! Soxie loves to track it in for me everyday when I come home from work and she definitely has a voice. Carol

Crystal said...

Those Willow trees are beautiful! And roses... wow!