Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday Stills, Your Favorite Place

Of course theirs "no placed like home" and ever thing
is second when it comes to being with my kid.

It's not so much I have a favorite place, but how a
place makes me feel. Wide open spaces are the best
for me. Up in the mountains with JS, snowmobiling.
Montana, Arizona, Utah, big places
where you can see forever.

Modoc county where my Dad is from, always feels like
home, even though I'd be viewed as a stranger.
But if I had to pick a favorite, it would be the place my
Moms family is from, a little mountain range,
The Sutter Buttes

8 comments:

Janice Grinyer said...

Your photography is always peaceful: I love this about your blog!


Well, except for the shots of the ruts through the orchard... :D !

lisa said...

Very peaceful indeed. Your daughter is very beautiful, too! You have a very good day.

Crystal said...

Wow that is a really cool place! Amazing, I too believe a favorite place has less to do with the place than the people (or animals) there.

Rising Rainbow said...

What a beautirul place. I truly treasure the places I get to see on blogs.

Linda said...

Awesome! Just awesome.

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

I love how the buttes rise out of the flat plain. Very beautiful to look at as one travels by. I have often wondered about that area and the people who live there. Thanks for sharing.

I can tell you my favorite spot is NOT Las Vegas although once I get out of the city and see the grand vistas my heart is eased. Currently heading north and looking forward to home.

Anonymous said...

wow, gorgeous photograph

gtyyup said...

That's a beautiful shot and a very special place for you too!