Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hope Today, Cure Tomorrow, 2011


I had the best day, Saturday with my girl.

Dawn signed us up to participate in the annual "Walk for a Cure"
fundraiser, put on by Sigma Phi Gamma.  It was held at 
Bedrock Park, where we met Dawn's friend Melissa,
who's family was walking in memory of her aunt Cindy.


I had never been before, it is quiet an event.  We arrived at 
8:30 for the pancake breakfast..."pink pancakes".  There
 were activities, vendors and lots of people.  Even got to visit,
with old friends, I hadn't seen in years.


After some announcements and directions the crowd, started 
down the trails that follow the river, it was a great day.
Dawn and I walked about 2 miles, 
we laughed and talked the whole way.
"Love My Girl"

3 comments:

Crystal said...

Looks like a beautiful place to walk. Im not sure what pink pancakes would taste like though, did you get a picture of them?

5 Starr's Farm said...

LOL...no I didn't that a picture of the pink pancakes....I thought, they might be strawberry, but just tasted like regular pancakes.

Janice said...

Looks like they had a good turn out.It sounds like it was a day well spent.I love your new header.