Wednesday, June 22, 2011

One Year


I've been blogging for one year today.

It's hard to tell if it reflects who I am, but I'm starting to 
get more comfortable and having fun.
Witch was the whole point.

I really enjoy the photography and have made that 
my goal for this second year.....(To Improve) 
Even looking at a new camera,
I can't decide between Cannon or Nikon.
It's a little like Ford or Chevy!
Depending on who you ask, 
with the occasional Dodge, thrown in.

"I have taken more pictures in this one year, then my entire life."
The Kids are starting to call me Grandma Starr,
a family joke and not at all funny!

Then there's the......................... "Writing" .....LOL
You do realize that most of what I write is  "Tong - in - Cheek"
and just so we're clear,  "I'm Not Politely Correct"

I do like sharing things I've heard or read or thoughts,
and enjoy very much the thoughts of those who visit.
There's a lot of nice people out there in blogger land.
From Canada, around the country and around the world.
I love talking to you all, you have inspired me in many ways.
It sounds funny to say I've made friends, but it's how I feel.

The Kids have given their "approval" and
encouragement many time and that means a lot.
Friends and family have also been supportive as well and
JS made me promise, I wouldn't have some online romance.

"""Not to Fear"""

Gtyyup, from Life at the Rough String left me, my first
comment and encouraged me and helped me
with Sunday Stills.

I have it narrowed down to 
Gtyyup , Cindy Q, Far Side of Fifty, Shirly and Lorie P
as to who was my first "Follower"

 I'm having a good time, hope you are too,
so stick around and lets see where this second year takes us.


CONTEST

It seem to be a tradition in blogger world,
to have a contest on an anniversary.
I'm going to put all of my followers names in a hat
and have Daughter Dawn draw one out.
I will announce the winner next Wednesday.

(That gives me time to find a gift)

GOOD LUCK !!!

and

"THANK YOU"

5 comments:

Shirley said...

Well, happy blog birthday! Blogging has helped both my writing skills and my photography, and like you I've found "friends" through blogging. I'm looking forward to your next year of blogging!

Blondey said...

You are doing an awesome job Sam...I need to get more serious about my blog. hmmmmmm...something else to add to my to do list. I've recently started a new business and learning the ropes is taking a bit of time...plus gardening, plus Paul :)....and occasionally a day to do household chores. the older I get the lesser I do that are things I never liked to do but did because I HAD TO...Took me 70+ years to get over that...ha ha. You know Sam, if you and John would come visit...hint hint...you could show me the ropes about blogging and adding pictures . I think the reason I don't do it more often is I got so frustrated trying to figure it all out...I'd give up...your blog looks like your've got it down pat. Good work! Love ya, Lorie

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

"JS made me promise, I wouldn't have some online romance." I got a kick out of this line because my honey and I have had similar conversations in the beginning.

Glad I found your blog and looking forward to seeing your photography bloom in this second year.

Anonymous said...

How cool its been a year! Congrats!

I enjoy my blogging and I am not much of a writer, but I keep going and I think its getting better. but I love the photography part and always have and now I can share them with all of you guys.

Crystal from Ranch Riding (I am having trouble signing in and so am annonomous)

Brenda said...

happy 1st anniversary! thanks for visiting my blog, too!