Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thursday's Thoughts, Veterans Day

The story has it that in 1699, Giles
Vermillion sold himself into indentured
servitude for passage to America,
at the age of 13 and sense that time a
Vermillion has fought in every war
for our country. My Dad Donavan
Vermillion did as well. Korean War,
Navy. Over the decades the woman in
my family have laid flowers and flags
on the graves of loved ones and loved
ones of neighbors who served.
This day has a different meaning for
me, It's the day my Dad passed away.
So to all of those who served before
and too all who serve today

"THANK YOU"





Donavan Chad Vermillion
October 26 1929 - November 11 2000

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did not realize that today is the day that your dad passed. I was not lucky enough to meet him, however he touched many lives and made a great impact on many people. Lloyd talks so fondly of him and share the many memories of him with my children. His legacy will continue through you and your children, and theirs. My thoughts are with you and your mom on this day. Love Laura

Anonymous said...

I loved your dad also, always looked up to him. Love Uncle Ed

Shirley said...

A year ago tonight I received the news that my mom was in the hospital and dying. I made the drive over a mountain pass covered with black ice, and was there for her last two hours. My mom; born Sept. 13 1930, passed away peacefully Nov.12, 2009.