Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Brave Independent Women

We spent the weekend in the mountains. JS was doing
tractor work down the road and I took the truck, towards
Strawberry Valley to get pictures of the dog wood.
The weekend before the dogwood was just beautiful.
Flaming crimson red and glowing yellow. It looked
like fire running out threw the forest. Wind and snow
and little sun light this time didn't have the
same wow factor, but still pretty.
I went back up the road to a place I just love,
this big outcropping of rock. I thought it looked kind of
neat with the snow and green moss.
Wondering around the rocks for sometime taking shots,
they set in this grove of big timber. The wind picking
up and the clouds were moving over the tree tops so fast,
I was a little entranced by it. Then a couple of loud
noises started me looking around threw the trees. I
couldn't see the truck from were I stood and realised no
one knew exactly were I was. Then I started to think
about the bear that's been hanging around the cabins.
I got that "Oh! S_ _ _!" feeling and hot footed
it back to the truck.
Back to the safety of the cabin yard, where that big
yellow streak down my back wasn't so bright and shiny.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Ok that got a chuckle, I could imagine the moment and the expression when the O S#** moment happened. I wouldn't call that a yellow streak...more along the lines of a sensible streak.