Wednesday, November 24, 2010

"Freeze", Wait and See

At 8am it was 34 degrees, I don't know how low
the temp got last night. I just know it wasn't good,
and we're in for the same tonight.
The oranges have a better change then the mandarins.
It will be days before we can tell if the fruit is OK.
So many things play into it, were you're located in the
foothills, how much sun do you get during the day,
how much slope do you have to you ground and how
many hours the temp stays low.
If you don't believe in high powers, just farm.
I ran the water system all Monday night and last night
and will run it today until the temp gets above 40.
Running the water really doesn't do much for the fruit
but, it helps to save the trees.
I don't get to upset over it, "it doesn't make me happy",
but there's just not much I can do about it.
Somethings in life are just out of our hands.
Now it just wait and see.

No comments: