Friday, October 8, 2010

Not a Paying Job

At one time all the fences here were new.
Post in perfect lines, wire tight, and gates straight.
20 years of sheep, 4-H steers, horses, kids, construction equipment,
and a 9 foot flail mower has left them worst for wear.
At the beginning of this summer we tour out the fence going up the
gravel drive to move it over 4 feet, so the mower wouldn't catch it
as it gos around the end of the orchard rows.
I have to admit that I've been "Nagging" all summer to get this fence up.
With the usual response from JS "I have to take care of the paying jobs"

JS told me I could have a worker "All Week"
Maybe this wasn't the week he meant.

"I think I've been left hanging for a paying job".

2 comments:

cquigley said...

I work pretty cheap

Shirley said...

Hmmm, perhaps blackmail would work? As in gee honey, I can't make supper tonight, I have to get this fence in!