Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Every Monday

I have to laugh, in my intro it says "Visits to the Orchard" and I've never taken
you out in my orchard! Every Monday is orchard day, the rest of the week
belongs to JS and I just fit my work were I can, but MONDAY IS ORCHARD DAY.
During the summer it's spent irrigating, walking water lines checking for leaks
and making sure every tree (about 700 of them) has water. Mowing and
spraying to keep the grass down every few weeks in the orchard and the rest
of the place is all part of it.
This year I'm doing something a little different, staking my trees.
The trees are heavy with fruit and their loaded
I already have two broken limbs, so just trying to keep the damage down.
We don't start picking till December. I think I'm going to have a lot more.
I love being out here by my self. It's quiet and peaceful , but I'm never
alone. Besides Ranch Dag, The turkeys, hawks, rabbits and the
occasional deer that will peek around a tree are pretty entertaining
I'll get you out here more often.

No comments: