Monday, April 25, 2011

"55"

These Beautiful Roses showed up Thursday for my
birthday, from our girl in Sweden, Lise.
"55" Ya, most women don't tell their age but I've
earned every year. I like dragging it out
for as long as I can. I usually proclaim an entire week
as my birthday, but only managed two days this year.

I don't like surprises, "I like gifts" but mostly I just Like
having time to myself. I usually pick a project around
our placed to get done (or fixed). This year its cleaning
up were we park the over flow, looking good too.

Daughter Dawn and I took a half day Thursday and
went to Chico for lunch and window shopping. Then
some girl time, Dawn made us appointments for pedicures
at the 20-10 Solon and Spa. It was the best, they have
little Jacuzzi tubs for your feet. I'll I needed was a
reclining chair and I could have napped all afternoon.
"THANK YOU DAWN!"

Both the boys call me to wish me happy birthday and
I had numerous birthday wishes on face book. Thank
you every one, that was a "nice surprise". That night,
Dawn and Cory and JS and I went for pizza and beer.

Friday Mon and I and friend Patty went to one of our
favorite places Mendon's Nursery plant shopping,
and Mexican food for lunch. Thanks Mom, Great Day!

That after noon I planted what I had bought, if your going
to play you have to pay. Speaking of paying, I spent all of
Saturday cleaning house for Easter, "dusting and mopping"
Sunday was a nice easy day spent with family.
It was a great birthday and Easter, Thanks to all of you.

7 comments:

Linda said...

Happy, happy birthday......I've earned the same amount of years so I hear ya!! Beautiful flowers!!

Shirley said...

Happy Birthday! Those are lovely roses, and your family sure took good care of you.

Fiona said...

Happy belated birthday Sam.
Love your gardening projects.
Are they eucalypts in the second photo? That could be a photo straight out of my neck of the woods.

5 Starr's Farm said...

Thanks Ladies, I'm working on all my flowerbeds this year. Haven't really touched them for awhile. Yes those are eucalyptus, they grow all over California and palm trees. They were brought in around the early 19 hundreds. We have a row of them that run the length of our olive orchard, just cleaning them up a bit.

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Happy 55th birthday. Your place looks lovely.

lisa said...

Happy Birthday, late! sounds like you had a lovely day too!

mountain mama said...

happy {late} birthday!!

i love the pic of the flowers by the old wagon? lovely!