Thursday, May 5, 2011

Thursday's Thoughts, The Beaver Pond

This pond sets on the downhill side of a road I drove
all most ever day when the kids were in grade school.

It wasn't a pond then, only a drainage ditch, fed be the
water from a leaking irrigation channel.

Some years back a pair of beavers moved in and made it
home and a pair of ducks are nesting here now as well.

Most of the year, you wouldn't even know it's here,
but then a bust of yellow draws your eye and it's
beauty can match that of any grand garden.

I don't know how they came to be here,
I'm just glad they are.

5 comments:

Mikey said...

Those flowers are incredible! What a gorgeous place.

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

Ditto to Mikey. Gorgeous.

5 Starr's Farm said...

Hi Ladies, Thanks it's really a pretty place..........Happy Mothers Day to All.

Crystal said...

That is really pretty, and here I thought beavers were a nussiance, but I guess sometimes they are okay

5 Starr's Farm said...

Your right Crystal, they are. The water district has tried to tear it our with a backhoe, but the beavers are faster workers. I think they just gave up.