Monday, May 2, 2011

Back Tracking

I have more life then week, so I'm back tracking here.
Most of last week was spent in the orchard, spraying
round-up down fence lines and sprinkler heads, The usual
running for JS, were I just had to take time for pictures.
The wild flowers have just been beautiful.

Friday morning the Cattle women participated with other
agriculture groups and the students at Chico State Farm,
sponsoring activities for the local school kids. The dairy
people had then making butter. There were babies to pet
and roping. (not the babies) (?). Dogs working sheep and
the Cattle women had them branding cows!
OK, paper cows with markers.......

Got back just in time to meet with my sorority sister
to set up for our annual spring rummage sale. We take
over one of the local fire departments "EL Medio"
for a Friday and Saturday, the firemen are really good
about it and helpful. It's a charity organization and the
money we raise stays in our town. Red Ribbon Week at
the schools, The Mission, YMCA summer camp,
scholarship and many others.

Sunday I mowed, cleaned and planted flower beds. I
bought the camellia and lilac on my day with mom.
YEP! that thermometers right, almost 80, and it's going
to be in the 90' this week........I'm so happy....NOT!!!

I rode along with JS this morning to Dixon, should have
been home doing more of the same, but I'm the GPS.
JS was wheeling and dealing at some block co. On the
way home we stopped at Sam's club in Yube City and
JS bought me lunch at a drive threw window.
"I am such a kept women"

4 comments:

Fiona said...

Beautiful images Sam.
Yes, life often gets in the way of blogging ... and who'd have it any other way?

lisa said...

I have found that I love blogging and it is here when I have the time and so are all my very favorite blogging buddies! So, you do what you do and we will be here!

TjandMark/AKA PearlandHawkeye said...

I love the way you arranged the photos and you sure have been busy. I need to get out with some round up too. Thistles! We are still in the upper 60's here, but I hear forcasts of the high 70's coming. WooHoo

Crystal said...

I will trade for your 90's! its cold and windy here today, brrr.
I like the collages of pictures, looks like fun :)