Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Farms in Full Bloom


One of my blogger friend up north, still in the grips of winter,
  asked if I would show some pictures of my yard.
  I was going to, but last night we had a pretty good wind
and the yard looks terrible 


So.... Crystal and all who visit, 
come take a walk with me in the garden
and we can see whats blooming.
The Quince, Camellias and Azaleas are done.
The Rhododendrons are just starting.


This beautiful Iris was given to me by son Shane.
I love the purple beards on the yellow.


Daylilies, going to add more colors this year.


The Kousa Dogwood is in full bloom


 Joseph's Coat Roses are so pretty in the morning sunlight.

What I can't take a picture of, is how wonderful 
600+  Orange Trees fill the air with perfume and
the gentle hum of the honey bees working every tree.

It is heaven on earth.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh it sounds heavenly, nothing like the smell and sights of summer. Thanks Sam :)

Far Side of Fifty said...

That Iris is stunning! I can only imagine what the Orange Blossoms smell like! :)