Friday, January 20, 2012

January 2012


 Winter has finely made an appearance
and looks like it's going to settle in for a while.


More then half of the orchard is picked, 75 bins have been sold 
and I've lost track of how many bags.


A hard freeze came threw, it will take some time to know if the fruit
 is holding or damaged.  Farming is not for the tender hearted.


The first of the month, my ladies group hosted a dinner for 
our new state president.


Cattlewomen's, held they're Beef Ambassador Contest, 
where they will be sending two Contestants to state


and my "Not a Garden Club, Garden Club"  got together for a 
demonstration on pruning roses and fruit trees, with 
Barbara Battaglis, from  Mendon's Nursery
( the Mecca of nursery's in Butte county)


Running for JS, the every day stuff, 
projects around the house, "maintenance"
and taking pictures, fills the days and shot days they are.

3 comments:

Far Side of Fifty said...

Hey I hope your remaining Oranges will be okay..I am thinking positive for you! :)

Just Ramblin' said...

Sad for the oranges but still gorgeous photos. : )

Janice Grinyer said...

I just love your photography, lady!!