Monday, September 13, 2010

Road Trip, Alturas

Thursday of last week, Mom and I drove up to
Alturas in Modoc county, (up by the Oregon border)
to see my Uncle Ed's (moms younger bothers )
new saddle shop.
Ed has been building custom saddles
for as long as I can remember?
"Isn't this pretty"
These are for saddles that have been ordered.
Ed makes all kinds of tack, headstalls and reins,
breast plates, chinks, back cinches,
and carries the standard cowboy equipment.
No boots or hats! as Ed would say,
"This is a saddle shop not a western store."
I love the spur straps with the silver, but
"I like anything with Silver!"
The shop also carries lots of items on consignment,
Wild rags, spurs, saddles and much more.
Like these beautiful Rawhide Reatas
(ropes made of leather)
Or bring in your old saddles and have them repaired.
So if your going threw Alturas on Main Street stop by
Clark's Saddle Co. The coffees always on.

You can also fined Ed's add on http://Buckaroocountry.com
under K.E. Clark Saddle Co.
Ed is also working on a web page,
I'll have it under my links when? he gets it up.


1 comment:

rangebag said...

I bought a K.E. Clark saddle off a guy in Nevada. Most comfortable saddle I ever sat. Was this K.E. (Ed) Clark the same one that had the shop in Yuba City?